The filmmakers behind “Bully” — the lauded documentary about the national bullying epidemic — stood up to the system and won.
The Weinstein Co. said Thursday that after cutting a few F-bombs from the piece, they got its R rating reduced to a PG-13.
The Motion Picture Association of America’s ruling means the flick’s target audience can now get in without dragging mom and dad to it. The original R-rating met anyone under 17 couldn’t get in solo.
The one crucial scene on a bus where a 12-year-old is tormented is left in, F-bombs and all. A few curses in other scenes were cut.
- eccentricxasian reblogged this from jibteaches
- abcsoupdot likes this
- wakeus-andwedrown likes this
- browneyednerd reblogged this from lisavilisa
- lisavilisa reblogged this from cinnamonscent
- cinnamonscent likes this
- jurassic-park0ur likes this
- idonthaveabackupplan likes this
- dannyvillicana likes this
- thatwomynfromkansas likes this
- ayemurray likes this
- music-teacher-in-training reblogged this from jibteaches
- kat-nyss likes this
- meghanjh likes this
- seestephyrun likes this
- perpetually-fabulous likes this